Currently, our power grid is made with a few large power plants, but that will soon change. The power grid will be made with many small, decentralized Combined Heat & Power (CHP) systems.

The current power generation is derived from large power plants where only 33% of primary energy is turned into usable electricity. The remaining 67% are unused as it gets disbursed into the atmosphere. CHP is a clean and efficient way of producing electric power and thermal energy from a single fuel source. The generator is driven by the engine to produce energy, and the residual heat created during this process is recaptured and generated into heat that is useful. Because of this, CHP systems are becoming more important in the energy sector’s change from a few large power plants to a more decentralized and stable power grid that is sustainable.